Puzzling title, eh? Read on, and all will become clear ...
It's been been well over three years since I posted on pair-flying Peter Powell kites. Main reason is that we haven't added any new PPs to out pair quiver since then. Checking the Peter Powell Kites web-site, I realised that I never did anything when Paul and Mark added the 'Bubblegum' kites to their stock a while ago. And as Flying Fish is a dual-line pair, I ordered a pair of these. Matching the pink centre panel, I felt that pink tails would be appropriate for these kites.
So here they are, on the ground and in the air!
Exactly ...
And the Pink Panther is known to be a kite flyer; check out this "Sky Blue Pink" short movie:
Now let's bring this back to Peter Powell kites ... I can pretty much recreate this particular scene, with a PP cuddly toy suspended from a PP kite!
Now we have two of these 'bubblegum' PPs, don't we? As it happens, we also have two cuddly PPs (long story ...).
The Pink Panthers were quite exhausted from their first flight ...
I don't think anyone has ever flown a pair of Peter Powell kites with Pink Panthers suspended from them. So this is a first in the 13+ billion year history of the current universe ....
The weight of a PP-carrying PP nearly doubled, and that was very clear when flying them. Slower, less nimble when turning, and needing more wind. And, of course, there is only one piece of music we can ever fly this pair of PP-manned PP kites to if we ever fly them at a festival:


No comments:
Post a Comment